Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cigars, Music & Stars

Cigars, Music & Stars.

Sometimes I love being alone..... Sometimes. I sit smoke a cigar listen to music and watch the stars in the sky.

When my good friend was in Iraq I would sit and smoke a cigar listening to music and I'd look up at the stars. I'd think that even though I haven't heard from him in while if at any point he was looking up at night he'd see the same thing. It was not so good times. It's good to say he's back, safe, and now he has a new baby girl, Noemi. If you could choose your family he would be it.

Today I sat smoked a cigar listened to music and looked up. I saw the same stars but tonight I hoped others saw them. Things happen in life that turn everything sideways. You try to straighten out and when you think you're set, you realize it's still sideways.

Trying to write what you feel is easier said than done when your mind is in a million different places. But writing does help get some of the crap out. It clears it up a bit. Unfortunately you don't feel everything with your mind. In that case what do you do? I can't write that, I don't know how to think it.

This did help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pal. I can't tell if your gloom or content. Either way call me if you want to smoke a cigar and look up at the stars and, instead of listening to music, we sing =0).