Friday, September 15, 2006

Remember Me

I'm not going anywhere. I would just like you to remember me. I guess it's unfair to ask anyone to remember you. I mean you have to have made some kind of impression in someones life for them to remember you. Otherwise you're just passing by. Hopefully I did more than just pass by in your lives. Hopefully you'll remember me.

The reason I'm writing this is because earlier today I was thinking of something. It wasn't a good memory. At that point I realized I tend to remember the bad things in life. I had this conversation about my memory with someone before. I told her that my memory was like a picture album, a bad unorganized picture album. One with pictures that have no reference to time or place. When I try to remember something all I can conjure up is a picture of something and if it really strikes a chord with my memory I can usually bring up another picture. And that's it. It's nothing like a movie where when someone remembers something there's a flash back and a "movie" plays. I don't have these "movies", not good ones at least. I just realized that. I have sort of "short films" of bad memories, and unorganized, undated "snapshots" of good memories. That sucks.

So today as I was recalling that bad memory I realized that I will only be a memory to most of you in the future. I hope that you don't have the same issues as I do with my memory. I hope that you can remember the good memories in your life and replay them like they were yesterday. I hope this, because I'd like to think that I'm a good memory in your lives.

Most of all I'm afraid I'll loose the good memories of these past few months as time passes. All I'll have is the bad ones. The bad ones that seem like they occurred just yesterday for me. I'm afraid that I'll forget, so I ask that you remember me. I suppose it's selfish, but I'd like that. If time passes and I haven't called or written I'm sorry. I'll still think of you, a picture will pop into my mind, but that will probably be all. I'll try to remember the good times. I'll try to keep in touch. I'll try. All I hope for is that you remember me.

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

I remember good and bad things. Like I remember when you bought me lunch. That's a good one. I also remeber when you raped me. That's a bad one