Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm supposed to know this

Today I started full time at my new job as an Auto Tech. This is the first job where I'm nervous. I think It's the feeling that you get when you get something that you want and you're afraid you're going to fuck it up. You got it and now it's up to you to lose. Seeing as this is my first job in this field I had no idea what to expect. It's funny coming from school where I was studying all of this crap I thought I new a lot and that I was ahead of the curve. Then reality sinks in when you start working with the pros. And it turns out I don't know shit.

My boss sort of laughed when I told him. He understood what I was feeling, but he told me not to worry. He told me they were going to pull me down and throw me on the ground then step on me a little. He also told me that this is what it takes to make myself a better person there, that I would get up stronger, tougher and smarter. It kind of made me feel better. I know they'll be doing whatever they do because that's the way I'm going to learn, but man it is a little intimidating. Good times.

Yesterday I had two finals, one for my brake class which was fairly easy and the other was my automotive electronics class which I thought I was going to bomb the hands on portion. Turns out I passed! Not only did I pass but I was one of the few to pass. That's a load off my chest. Seeing as I don't go to school now at least not for the winter (I'll start up again in spring), I was wondering how I was going to keep myself busy. So I decided to keep my job at Starbucks. Starting today I will work every single day, that is until I can't take it. My buddy Marco and my brother give it a month, they tell me it's because at that point I would have worked 30 days non stop and I'll hate it. We'll see. I think it will keep me out of trouble. That and tools for my new job are expensive as hell!!!

To put the tools into perspective I have a set of Craftsman tools that I bought over a year ago. I think the set was about 150 bucks. Now I'm buying a new set of tools from Snap-On and for less tools than I already own It's costing me over 2 thousand dollars. Damn that stung. The thing is after working a full day at the shop today I realized I'm no where near done buying tools. Damn. It's cool though I love them, it's like new toys for me to play with, all of the shiny chrome brings a smile to my face.

So that was a short update of what's going on with me. Every day I see something that makes me want to write about it but I don't. I think I've been lazy lately. I'll try to write more, there are a lot of things that inspire me lately. Take care my peeps.

1 comment:

Jeans Pants said...

New toys to play with. None of them were Jason dolls or lightsabers?!!!